Today’s a look that I’m not really sure about as a whole, but using some of my favourite products from Illamasqua and a eyeliner pencil discovery that is pretty amazing! I wore this look to a gig that we were hosting and wanted to test out this look I’d seen on Instagram.
I prepped my face in my current favourite way using Bourjois Healthy Balance powder and the Sleek Make UP CC Cream and the Smashbox BB Concealer. I really like this combination and the shades work really well for my skin.
I used Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Morale (my first Illamasqua blusher purchase and a gorgeous shimmering candy pink) on my cheeks and highlighted with the BD Trade Secrets Highlighter from Tesco.
For the eyes:
- I prepped the eyes with Illamasqua Vintage Mettalix in Courtier, this is a gorgeous pearly nude shade which is perfect as a eyeshadow base.
- I then applied Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Beguile (a wet look white shimmer) all over the socket and towards the brow bone.
- Using a pointed brushed I applied Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Berber to add dimension to the eye.
- I lined the waterline and lash line with bareMinerals Around the Clock Waterproof Eye Liner, this pencil is insanely pigmented and really does not budge.
- I finished with Too Faced Lashgasm Mascara.
L-R Swatches: Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Beguile, Pure Pigment in Berber, Vintage Metallix in Courtier and bareMinerals Around the Clock Liner.
To finish the look I used Kiko Cosmetics Brisk Mauve, I’m still loving this lipstick a lot more than I thought I would. Here’s the finished look.
I love Illamasqua Beguile, the photos don’t do it justice to how shimmery sparkly it is, it’s like magic snow in a make up product and great to layer on top of so many different colours. Illamasqua Berber is like a burnt bronze shimmer, I need to try this more, I think it would look incredible over the top of a red or orange base to enhance the results.
When I first got Illamasqua’s Vintage Metallix in Courtier I didn’t think much of it, but it turns out it’s a great eye primer and base for so many shades or just to do natural eyes but with a subtle sheen. LOVE it.
The bareMinerals eyeliner is super intense in colour and really does not budge, my only complaint about it is that the pencil isn’t pointed enough so not quite right for doing precise flicks.
I love all the products used, but I think I may have overdone it with the eyeliner and something feels like it’s missing, what do you think?