Today I’ve been updating a beauty blogger list as part of my freelance work, it was awesome to find so many new ones and rediscover old favourites via searching and shouting out on Twitter for help. However, it also brought up a whole bunch of things that from a brand point of view make it difficult to select bloggers or to even be able to contact you. I’ve written similar posts before which you can find in my Blog Tips category, but I thought I’d make another in a simpler format.
Here’s my top 10 list of things that every serious blogger should check on a regular basis in order to optimise their site for working with brands and agencies, as well as just general good housekeeping in order to keep your blog slick and easy to navigate. It’s all based on stuff I’ve noticed when I’ve been trying to find bloggers for brands to work with and I’m sure there are more, let me know if you think of any and add them in the comments below!
- Do all your links on your site work and go to the right place? E.g. does your Twitter icon link to the correct Twitter account?
- Do you have your email address in an obvious place? Ideally on the homepage or contact us page?
- Do you mention where in the country you are based? It could be by city or county, but will help PRs identify if you fit certain bills.
- Do you have links to all of your social media on your homepage?
- Is your social media information up to date? Do you post regularly?
- Are you easy to find on social media? Do you have a username and/or description that relates to your blog?
- Is your email address and social media name easy to spell? Will it be easy to typo?
- Do all the images and graphics on your site load? Is the font easy to read?
- Does you site load on different browsers correctly? Does it work on mobile?
- Is it easy to people to comment or share your posts?
Just a quickie on this one, but I hope some of you find it useful/interesting.
Is there anything else you’d add to this list?
Comment, share or tweet me @JayneKitsch
@wearefoodscouts & @KitschInc. Digital Marketing & Creative Direction. Illustration, writing, creativity & style. Fan of films, TV, cartoons, colourful hair & clean beauty. Blogger since 2009.