Next door to TreeHouse Villas is the original Koh Yao Noi resort, Paradise Koh Yao, which is also managed by the same group. This four star resort is family friendly and offers many of the same wonderful treats as TreeHouse but with a different flavour. Focused on the concept of Back to Nature, you’ll find yourself transported to a well-established jungle garden setting with a lush stretch of private beach to enjoy. Whether you’re looking for daily adventure, a romantic retreat or a special place to unwind, Paradise Koh Yao ticks many boxes whilst offering cosy comfort with a little luxury thrown in too.
Accommodation Options at Paradise Koh Yao
There are four different villa options at Paradise Koh Yao, each decorated in a bright, modern style with shabby chic upcycled accessories. Each villa includes complimentary water, tea and coffee, paid for mini bar, TV with channels in multiple languages and high speed wi-fi. The outdoor areas each feature a cosy seating area with sofa swing, deck chairs and amazing views. Bathrooms feature an outdoor style shower area with rustic decor and everything you need for your trip.
Each of the different villas offers something special, here’s a little run down of your options:
- Pool Villa: These single storey villas are set along the beach front offering incredible views out to sea from your private garden, pool and Jacuzzi. The awesome location means you’re super close to everything and can enjoy sea front sunrise and sunset in the comfort of your own space.
- Plunge Pool Deluxe Studio: This is the studio type we stayed in, many of these are set into the hillside offering incredible panoramic views of jungle, beach and out across the islands. They include a private plunge pool with hot and cold water options set into your own decked area.
- Jacuzzi Studio: Similar to the Plunge Pool Studio, except this time you’ll enjoy a larger bathroom area with private Jacuzzi complete with epic garden and jungle views.
- Superior Studio: The simplest of the four villa options, the Superior Studio is not to be ignored, ideal if you plan to spend the majority of your time out and about, this spacious villa has all the basics for a comfortable and luxurious stay, minus a private pool option. You can still access the shared pool area and spa facilities if you’re looking for some pool or Jacuzzi time.
Activities and Facilities at Paradise Koh Yao
There isn’t much that isn’t on offer at Paradise Koh Yao to keep you busy during the day. Whether you’re looking for adventure, relaxation or a taste of the local culture you can pop by the Activities Hut to find out more and book your spot on a day trip or activity. The vast activity menu includes things like kayaking, fishing trips, yoga classes, jungle trekking, batik painting, island hopping and cooking classes. The team are extremely helpful and happy to help pull together the right programme of activities for you.
If you’re rubbish at getting organised, you can even pre-book a holiday package direct with the resort with a set of activities included. The current offerings include a foodies, romantic, yoga & wellness and island hopping package. You can find out more about these on Paradise Koh Yao‘s website.
In addition to the above activities on offer, you’ll also find a stunning shared pool area suitable for swimmers of all ages and abilities, various stunning chill out areas including beachside hammocks, deck chairs and a onsite shop for any emergency essentials such as sanitary products, sun cream or bug spray. The resort staff are always on hand to give you advise and can even offer you a golf buggy lift to a different part of the resort if your legs are failing you or if you’ve heavy luggage to lug.
Food and Drink at Paradise Koh Yao
Since you’re away from everything at Paradise Koh Yao it’s a delight to be offered five different drinking and dining options to suit all palates and budgets. There are four bar and restaurant options as well as private dining experiences on offer which can be prepared beach side or in the form of room service. In addition to the menus on offer everyday, keep an eye out for special offers including an all you can eat seafood buffet on selected nights.
Here’s a breakdown of your food and drink options whilst staying in Paradise:
- Seafood Terrace: The main restaurant at Paradise Koh Yao and the venue for breakfast, Seafood Terrace offers a diverse menu including classic Thai dishes, pizzas, seafood (obviously) and Western comfort food. This venue offers the greatest options in terms of price as well as a stunning seafront, open-air dining experience.
- Al Fresco: If you’re looking for something a little more intimate or romantic, the tiny Al Fresco might be the best choice. This restaurant focuses on Mediterranean cuisine and features a wood fired oven for cooking yummy pizzas.
- The Beach Club: Open during the day only, this adorable beach hut offers a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, ice creams and snacks. Ideal for keeping you refreshed during a sunbathing sesh or for a break near the pool or on a nearby hammock or sun lounger.
- Sundowners: Grab a cocktail at this beach front bar and settle into a bean bag to watch the sun go down behind the island studded horizon. A wonderful chill out spot that serves up live musical entertainment almost every night. We very much enjoyed our time at this dinky and stunning bar area.
How to Get to Paradise Koh Yao
Paradise Koh Yao may feel like a million miles from anywhere, but you’ll be pleased to know it’s easy to get to from both Krabi and Phuket in Thailand. Private boats depart regularly to the resort from piers in both districts. We’d particularly recommend travelling from Phuket like we did as the pier is very close to Phuket Airport. If you’re worried about transport, don’t because all transfers can be organised completely for you by the resort. We loved our speedboat ride transfers and even spotted some flying fish on the onward journey to Krabi, what an awesome way to end the trip!
If you want to find out more about Paradise Koh Yao you can visit their website or book via Agoda. If you’re enjoying our content you can support the future of our travels by purchasing merch from our brand Food Scouts, something from the CMK website or making a donation via this page. You can see more photos from our travels on Instagram @MizTrujillo and @JayneKitsch and on Jayne’s Pinterest profile.
@wearefoodscouts & @KitschInc. Digital Marketing & Creative Direction. Illustration, writing, creativity & style. Fan of films, TV, cartoons, colourful hair & clean beauty. Blogger since 2009.